CCSD's Teacher of the Month
About the Teacher of the Month Recognition Program
Charleston County School District's (CCSD) "Teacher of the Month" program is designed to recognize educators who are making a profound and positive difference in the lives of children.
Each month during the school year (October-May), CCSD leaders surprise the district's newest Teacher of the Month with a framed award and a prize package donated by local businesses and supporters of public education. Anyone—parents, students, fellow educators, and community members—may nominate their favorite teacher, and the winner is showcased each month on the district's website.
If you would like to to nominate your favorite teacher, please click on the link below:
- Teacher of the Month Nomination Form (Please complete the form and print. You will not be able to save to this form.)
Thank you for your assistance in celebrating the valuable contributions and dedication of CCSD teachers.
Teacher of the Month - March 2015
- Teacher: Zoan Stokes
- School: North Charleston Creative Arts Elementary School
- Special thanks to the Homegrown Hospitality Group for providing this month's prize package.
Teacher of the Month - December 2014
- Teacher: Mattie Mitchell
- School: Edith L. Frierson Elementary School
- Special thanks to the Charelston County School District administrators for providing this month's prize package.
Teacher of the Month - November 2014
- Teacher: Alison Hollis
- School: R.B. Stall High School
- Special thanks goes to Al Di La in West Ashley for this month's prize package.