Parent University Programs
What is Parent University
By offering a series of free courses, this innovative program allows parents to access the tools they need to help their children reach their full potential. Courses offered during the 2014-2015 school year included Understanding ADD/ADHD, Computer Technology and a Health and Wellness Summit. Register soon to participate in an upcoming 2015-2016 Parent University event close to you!
Parent University Goals
Throughout the country, school districts have implemented programs similar to Parent University in order to:
- Increase parental involvement and participation in schools,
- Allow parents an opportunity to network with professionals and other parents
- Help parents develop the skills needed to implement positive parenting practices,
- Empower parents to become effective advocates for their children,
- Strengthen home-school-community partnerships,
- Equip parents with the knowledge and awareness of resources available to them.
Health and Wellness Summit
Featured the Title I/PAC 2014-2015 Evaluation and 2015-2016 Budget Input Session.
Summit included guest speakers, structured children's program for ages 4 - 12, door prizes, lunch and more!
The Resource Fair offered free services to participants.
For more information call your school's Parent Advocate or the Office of Community Outreach at 843-937 -6578