CCSD's Partial Magnet Schools
What is a Partial Magnet?
- The school has a focus or theme and a defined attendance zone.
- In addition, a specific number of seats are allocated to students who live outside the attendance zone but who still reside in Charleston County.
- Bus transportation is available to students living within the constituent district.
CCSD's Partial Magnet Schools & Programs
Choose an individual school below to learn more about the process and to access an application.
- Chicora School of Communications: An Elementary Magnet (grades CD/K-5)
- Montessori Children's House at Malcolm C. Hursey Elementary (grades CD/K-5)
- North Charleston Creative Arts Elementary (grades K-2)
- James Simons Elementary Montessori School (grades PreK-6)
- Memminger School of Global Studies: A University Partnership School (grades CD/K-6)
- Mitchell Math and Science Elementary School (grades CD/K-6)
- Sanders-Clyde Creative Arts School (grades CD/K-8)
- St. Andrews School of Math and Science (grades CD/K-5)
- James B. Edwards Elementary: The School of Global Leadership- (grades CD/K-5)
- Laing Middle School: Science and Technology for a New Generation of Learners- (grades 6-8)
- Sullivans Island Elementary- (grades CD/K-5)