Charleston County School of the Arts
Charleston County School of the Arts' mission is to empower students to maximize their potential through the integration of comprehensive arts and academic programs in order to instill a life-long passion for excellence.
- Grades: 6th - 12th
- Type of School: Countywide Magnet
- Enrollment: 1112
- Hours of Operation: 8:10 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
The Charleston County School District is launching a brand new online application process for School Choice! The Magnet / Choice Schools online application will open on January 4, 2016. The following calendar includes the dates, deadlines and events related to this annual application process. For additional information, please call the School Choice Office at (843) 402-7804.
- January 4 - January 22, 2016 - Online applications available
- January 9, 2016 - Choice Fair at West Ashley High School, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- January 25 - February 20, 2016 - Lotteries, auditions, testing, writing sample (AMHS), required documents submitted
- February 22 - 27, 2016 - Notification of acceptance
- February 29 - March 11, 2016 - Parents confirm acceptance
- By August 1, 2016 - Residency confirmations must be submitted