Archives & Records
The Office of Archives and Records Management Services is responsible for the following:
- The efficient organization, storage, retrieval, and management of Charleston County School District's active financial, administrative, and academic records.
- A vital records program to protect essential school district documents.
- The economical and efficient storage and retrieval of inactive records from the District Records Center.
- Ongoing implementation and revision of records retention schedules covering the active and inactive records of the district.
Records Center provides a centralized facility for the storage, retrieval, and (where applicable) destruction of approximately 6,400 boxes of inactive student, financial, administrative, and personnel records. Additionally, this Office issues copies of student transcripts to former students and graduates. It maintains appropriate archived copies of District building plans and blueprints; County Board of Trustees and Constituent Board meeting minutes; policy and program administrative files; limited collections of school yearbooks; and limited records concerning closed schools.
CCSD does not handle replacement high school diplomas. Contact the Office of Adult Education at (803) 734-8040 or (803) 734-0589 to obtain a Replacement SC High School Diploma or Verification of Graduation.
PLEASE NOTE: The release of a student transcript requires a signed request from the student (or the parent/legal guardian if the student is under 18 years of age) except in specific, limited conditions. A telephone call will NOT release your records.
Process to obtain a copy of your transcript:
- If you currently attend a Charleston County Public School or attended a Charleston County Public School within the past three (3) school years contact your school.
- If you attended a Charleston County Public School more than three (3) years ago, mail your signed and completed Inactive Student Records Transcript Request to: Charleston County School District; Records Office; 3999 Bridge View Drive; North Charleston, SC 29405-7485
- Transcript requests must be signed by the parent/legal guardian if the student is under 18 years of age.
- Current Fee, $5.00 per Transcripts. Payable by Money Order or Cash. Personal checks will not be accepted.
- On the average, transcript requests require approximately 3 to 5 days to process, once received. If you feel you need further assistance, please call (843) 566-8109 or email: Sonya_Howard or Donna Chinnis.
- If it is convenient for you to visit the District’s Operations Bldg. at 3999 Bridge View Drive, North Charleston, transcript request service is available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.