Information for Families
Welcome to the Charleston County School District (CCSD) Family Resource Center!
You are your child’s first and best teacher, and CCSD supports you in your efforts to help your child receive a quality education. Visit this page often throughout the year to stay informed about important information, parenting tips, and other resources.
2016-2017 Back-to-School Resources
- Academic Calendar 2016-2017 (English/Espanol)
- Student Code of Conduct and Parent Resource Manual (Elementary) 2016-2017
- Student Code of Conduct and Parent Resource Manual (Middle and High School) 2016-2017
- School Uniform Colors 2016-2017 (Coming soon)
- Upcoming Events hosted by Community Partners
- Office of Transportation - Bus information (English/Espanol).
- Nutrition Services - Nutrition information, free and reduced meals with forms (English/Espanol), pricing, and menus.
- Nursing Services - School health information, immunization information, doctor's orders, and other forms.
Registering Your Child for a CCSD School
- Registering Your Child for a CCSD School - Learn about the documents and steps required to register your child for a district neighborhood, magnet, or charter school.
- Student Transfer Information - One additional option for school choice is to apply for student transfer to another neighborhood school.
- School Choice in Charleston County - Learn about our portfolio of school choices.
- GIS-Based Neighborhood, Magnet & Charter School Look-Up Tool: Enter your home address or use maps to determine your assigned neighborhood school and the other educational options available to your family. The GIS-Based Look-Up Tool requires the use of an Internet Explorer browser.
- Archives and Records - Student records, GED transcripts, and diplomas.
- Comcast 60 at 1:30 PM each day - Did you miss the last Board meeting, and want to catch all of the action and news? Comcast 60 shows CCSD countywide Board of Trustees meetings each day at 1:30 PM.
- Expanded Learning (Kaleidoscope) - afterschool programs and summer camps.
- Early Childhood Education - Early Head Start, Head Start, and Pre-K.
- Grief Counseling Resources
- Parent University - Empowers parents to become effective advocates for their children.
- Volunteering in CCSD Schools - Public Affairs and Volunteers
External Links for Families
- Discus - South Carolina's Virtual Library.
- Knowitall.org - ETV's educational Web portal, a collection of fun, interactive websites for K-12 students, teachers and parents.
- South Carolina Department of Education - ETV's educational Web portal, a collection of fun, interactive websites for K-12 students, teachers and parents.
- South Carolina Sex Offender Registry
- South Carolina Transfer and Articulation Center - South Carolina believes we can increase a student’s chances of successfully transferring and completing a degree by having two-year and four-year institutions work together to ensure that credits transfer, regardless of where a student may eventually graduate.