Employee Self Service
Employee Self Service (ESS) is a web based application that allows employees to view, print, and update selected personal and payroll information contained in the HR system.
- Benefits of Employee Self Service
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Access Employee Self Service
- How to Request Time Off
- How to Update Personal Information
- ESS Training
- Use Internet Explorer to access Employee Self Service. It is especially important to use Internet Explorer when updating your password.
- Login to Employee Self Service. First time users are encouraged to read the following helpful Employee Self Service information.
- Enter your "Employee Number" as your "User Name." You may learn your employee number by contacting your Personnel Action Technician in Human Resources.
- Enter your password. The first time you log in your password is the last 4 digits of your social security number. You will be prompted to change your password after your first log in. Passwords expire every 90 days.
- Select "Employee Self Service."
- Tabs listed at the left of the first Self Service page provide information to which you have access.
- Please make sure you log off when finished.
The Personal Information in Employee Self Service is varied; Read instructions for additional information and details.
- After logging in, select Employee Self Service
- Select Personal Information
- Select Change next to the information that you would like to change
- Enter the new information and select update
- Double check that you typed accurate information. Your changes are updated immediately in MUNIS.
- To complete a name change, you must complete and fax the Universal Name/Address Change form with a copy of your social security card showing the name change to the appropriate Personnel Action Technician.
- Maintain your own personal information
- Your name
- Telephone numbers
- Emergency contact information
- Pay and tax information
- View and print pay check information for any period in the previous month. Pay information is available as of the date of the check.
- View and print year-to-date gross earnings for any period in the last five years.
- View and print W-2 information for any year after 2010.
- View and print current W-4 withholding information.
- Time off information
- View a history of time off and accrued leave.
More information can be accessed from the ESS User Guide.
- I've never signed on, what is my user id and my password?
Enter your "Employee Number" as your "User Name." Your "Employee Number" is listed on the top left corner of your pay stub. You may also learn your employee number by contacting your Personnel Action Technician in Human Resources. The first time you log in your password is the last 4 digits of your social security number. You will be prompted to change your password after your first log in. Passwords expire every 90 days.
- What if I forget my password?
Call help desk at 308-8181.
- How secure is my personal information?
Your information is encrypted for privacy and will remain secure as long as you protect your password. You should change your password periodically.
- Can I update my W4 information?
Click the "PayTax Information" link on the left-side menu, and select the W-4 link. The current values you have for your W-4 will be displayed for your review. If you would like to change the values, click on the "Edit W-4 Values" link on the top right hand side of the screen. Make the changes desired, approve the legal statement, and click the Continue button. You will be prompted to confirm one more time. Once submitted, you will receive an email to the email address listed in your Employee Profile in ESS. You will receive another email once the changes are applied by HR. Please refer to the chart of "Cutoff Dates for W4 Changes" under the "Resources" link on the top right corner of the screen to verify when your changes will be effective in the pay cycle.
- How do I print an image of my W2?
Images of your W2 for year 2011 to current are available in Employee Self-Service. The data values for W2 for year 2010 to current are also available in a text format. In the section under the heading, "Paychecks", under the Tools section, single click the link "View last year's W2". From the drop down box at the top of the screen, select which Year for the W2 you are interested in. The information from that year will display on the screen. If you would like to print an image of the actual W2 that was produced, single click on the "View W-2 image" towards the top right of the screen. A new window will open up displaying the image of the W2 for the selected year. To best use this feature, make sure you computer does not have pop-ups block and that you are using an Internet Explorer browser for best performance. The amount of time it takes for the image to display will depend on the speed of your internet connection and computer.
- How do I update my work phone number for inclusion in the printed phone book?
Under your personal information, click the "add telephone number" link if you do not currently have a listing for telephone TYPE "Work Number". If you do have a telephone listing for TYPE "Work Number", click on the "Change" hyperlink. For the Description box you may leave it blank or place an appropriate description. Click the "add" button to save the phone number. As long as the number has a TYPE of "Work Number", it will automatically be included in the next printed phone directory.
- How do I print an image of the direct deposit stub?
Images of your direct deposit stub are available in Employee Self-Service as of the date of the check. In the section under the heading, "Paychecks", to the right of the line for the desired paycheck, single click on the camera icon. A new window will open up displaying the image of the direct deposit. To best use this feature, make sure you computer does not have pop-ups block and that you are using an Internet Explorer browser for best performance. The amount of time it takes for the image to display will depend on the speed of your internet connection and computer.
- When is the image of the direct deposit stub available?
The image of the direct deposit stub should be available as of the date of the stub.
- Who do I call if I have questions about my information?
- Payroll Questions
- Personal Information Questions
Personnel Services 937-6380
- Employee Self Service System Questions
Help Desk 308-8181
- Payroll Questions
Below is a link for an eLearning session to walk you through an overview of Employee Self-Service system. This session should take approximately 15 minutes.