Volunteering in CCSD Schools
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Charleston County School District (CCSD)!
CCSD's Portfolio of Volunteer Positions
Did you know that in the 2010-2011 school year, CCSD had approximately 6,200 volunteers working across the district- all committed to the district's students and schools? CCSD offers numerous opportunities for community members, businesses, faith-based partners, and other organizations to become involved. Volunteer positions include:
- mentoring (with an individual or group of students)
- being a career advocate
- serving as a lunch buddy
- providing tutoring or other academic support during or after school hours (including the Charleston Book Buddies literacy program)
- assisting with technology
- being a classroom speaker, assisting a teacher in the classroom, or reading to a class
- helping in a school clinic or attendance/main office
- donating time or resources for special events
Finding the Right Volunteer Opportunity & Next Steps
- Volunteer opportunities are currently available with the Charleston Marathon. Learn more!
- If you are interested in a specific opportunity or school, please download and complete CCSD's 2012-2013 Volunteer Application, and return it directly to the school.
- If you would like to speak to someone about volunteering during an upcoming district event or the various volunteer positions currently available, please call (843) 937-6506.