Expanded Learning and Community Education (ELCE)
The Office of Expanded Learning and Community Education manages the districts afterschool programs (Kaleidoscope), 21st Century afterschool grants and facility rentals.
News and Announcements
- Kaleidoscope Partner Request Form and Application for Enrichment Providers (all interested providers wishing to provide afterschool services must complete this form by August 14, 2015 for the Fall of 2015. If you have not completed an application by this date, you will not be eligible to provide services this Fall. We will be offering another window of opportunity to submit an application for the Spring of 2016 so stay tuned).
- 2015-2016 Afterschool Program Calendar (Kaleidoscope)
Our mission is to provide quality care for students enrolled in the program by developing cooperative working relationships among staff, parents, and school. We will operate a program founded upon interaction between the staff and the students and provide age appropriate activities which focus upon the physical, social, and educational needs of our students
- Fees and Application Form (con la version Espanola)
- Contact Us
- 2015-2016 Parent Handbook
- Register for Enrichment Opportunities
- Online Payments - coming soon - set up reoccurring payments, view your account, make changes
Summer Programs for Students
- Information regarding Summer 2016 programs and camps will be distributed in April of 2016. Stay tuned!
The Charleston County School Board and Superintendent encourage the public use of school facilities when school is not in session. While the District is focused on providing quality educational services to students in Charleston County, CCSD also supports the community by making its physical resources available to the public. School use is extended to the public for community events, public rental, educational, and enrichment programs through the Community Education Program. In addition, CCSD has entered reciprocal agreements with municipalities embracing joint use for fields, gymnasiums, and other facilities to enhance taxpayer investment and strengthen our community. This booklet outlines the rates and conditions for the public use of school facilities. See what CCSD can offer you!
Jason A. Sakran
Director of Expanded Learning and Community Education